Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My Chosen Sub-Genre

I have decided to make a film that is a hybrid of two sub genres. Comedy/slasher.

I think the two genres will work very effectively with each other.

Comedy - Mistaken identity, battle of the sexes, jumping to conclusions, and a tragedy storyline. Usually a hero (the main character) that triumphs in the end. There are many successful modern comedy/horror movies that been created such as 'Scary Movie', I have chosen to do comedy as a sub-genre because I believe that it would be easier to reach out and narrows our specific target audience through the sub-genre comedy.


Slasher - Knife is the main weapon. The antagonist carries and uses one weapon, and kills a series of people in one night/day. Usually masked and their identity hidden until revealed in the end of the story. My reason for this is because the knife is a phallic symbol for killing, it will be easy to portray and iconography the genre horror through the use of this weapon.

No comments:

Post a Comment